- Manufacturer – Kitchen Craft.
- Orientation – Horizontal.
- Product size – 14.8×5.4×1.8 inches (37.8 x 13.8 x 4.6 cm).
- Material – Steel.
- Maximum can size – approx 20 oz.
- Color – Metallic.
- Automatic dispensing – No.
- Collection bin – No.
- Multiple can holder – No.
Do not like to crush aluminum cans with your hands and find it difficult to crusher cans by stepping on them with your feet? And do not have a place to mount a vertical, wall mountable can crusher? Than this foot operated can crusher by Kitchen Craft is suitable for you. This can crusher features a full steel body which is coated so it can also be used outside without worrying that the crusher will start to rust.
This can crusher is very easy to use, it is operated by foot, just open the top crushing plate, insert an empty can into the crusher, close the top plate and step on it. The crusher will help to crush aluminum cans much more easier than you could by just stepping on an empty can. This Kitchen Craft crusher is able to compress both aluminum and steel cans so you can use it not only to compress your empty soda and beer cans but also empty steel food cans such as soup cans, and can also be used for dog and cat food cans. This is one of the few crushers that can compress not only aluminum but also steel food and drink cans.
Support bar with 2 positions
The can crusher comes with a support bar that can hold cans into place when crushing, so cans do not pop out of the crusher when you step on the crushing plate. There are two positions on the crusher for the support bar. First position is for smaller cans and will work for most aluminum drink can sizes. The second position is further back and can be used for larger cans such as aluminum drink cans up to 20 oz size and for different larger size steel food cans.
There is a special pierce screw that goes trough the top plate of the crusher. This screw will help to compress thicker and more durable cans, especially those from a steel material. Pierce screw can be adjusted by screwing it in clockwise so it reaches closer to the can and will bend the can more in the crushing process, or screwed out in counter clockwise if the screw is not needed for crushing a softer can.
There is a magnet on the crusher that helps to distinguish steel cans from aluminum cans so you will know which can goes in which recycling bin. Just place the can on the magnet and if it sticks the can is made from steel and if not, the can is made from aluminum.
The bottom of the crusher has got a rubber feet, so it does not scratch the surface you use it on and the crusher does not slip away when you step on it with your feet to crush a can.
On the top of the can crusher there is a hanger so you can hang it on the wall, so crusher does not lay around when not being used.
The size of the crusher is 14.8×5.4×1.8 inches (37.8 x 13.8 x 4.6 cm). The weight of the unit is 5.1 pounds (2.3 kg). Manufacturer Kitchen Craft gives this can crusher a 12 month warranty.
- Will crush not only aluminum but also steel cans;
- Can be used to compress cans larger than 16 oz size;
- Support plate does not allow cans to pop out in the crushing process;
- Many small but useful features such as a magnet that helps to distinguish aluminum cans from steel cans, rubber grip that does not allow the crusher to slip while using it and hanger for more convenient storage.
- Compressed cans are in larger size than with hand operated crushers;
- Vertical wall mounted can crushers are more convenient to use and make the crushing process faster than foot operated crushers.